Black Dog LED PHYTOMAX-2 800 LED GROW LIGHTS
4 Great reasons to buy from us:
Black Dog LED PHYTOMAX-2 800 LED GROW LIGHTS
At 840 actual watts and 1282 μMol/s total photon flux, the patent-pending PhytoMAX-2 800 LED grow light will outperform any 1000W HID light. With PhytoMAX-2 we have delivered the most powerful and reliable, truly full spectrum grow lights (365-750nm, UV to NIR)!
The PhytoMAX-2 800 uses only the highest-quality, latest-technology, top-bin LEDs to deliver Black Dog LED's proprietary full-cycle Phyto-Genesis Spectrum® evenly over the entire footprint, with unprecedented PAR levels, canopy penetration and yields!
More efficient and powerful than any single-ended (SE) HPS
- PhytoMAX-2 800 LED grow lights better penetrate dense canopies to produce a superior yield with higher quality flowers and more trichomes
- Increases yield by 30% or more over a 1000W HPS
- Saves on electrical, cooling, reflector and bulb replacement costs
336 High-Output 5-watt LEDs
- Every top-bin LED is selected from the industry leader for the particular wavelength, including Cree, Osram, etc.
- With glass lenses for durability and cleanability
- High light intensity and energetic spectrum, crucial for canopy penetration to nourish lower leaves and flowers
- Even, edge-to-edge coverage eliminates leaf burn and hot spots
- 840 True Watts - 1680 LED Watts
Huge Coverage Footprint
- Up to 6' X 6' (36 square feet!) of flowering footprint coverage!
- Proven by independent spectroradiometer testing
- The most efficient spectrum for growing plants, based on over 6 years of research and testing, outperforming HPS, MH, CMH (LEC), induction, fluorescent, and "white", so-called "full-spectrum" LEDs in equal wattage tests
- One ideal spectrum for both vegetative and flowering stages eliminates stalling associated with spectrum changes such as switching from MH to HPS
- True full spectrum ranging from UVA to NIR (365-750nm) goes Beyond PAR™ for ultimate flowering and vegetative plant cycles
- Appears white to human eyes, allowing easy determination of plant health
- Targets not only photosynthetic (chlorophyll / carotenoid) peaks but also:
- Increases THC, CBD, terpenes, flavonoids, antioxidants / vitamins and pigmentation with UV light
- Includes near infrared (NIR) light to boost photosynthetic efficiency through the Emerson Effect
- Decreases internodal spacing to direct more of your plants' energy to flowers and leaves, instead of stems
Commercial Grade LED Grow Lights
- ETL certified to UL safety standards
- Unique no-glass design delivers up to 8% more light to your plants
- The best active heat management in the industry, crucial to maximizing LED efficiency, life, and spectrum stability
- Largest heat sink among commercial LED grow lights for superior cooling and increased LED life
- Ultra quiet, long-life fans: 70,000+ hour rated lifespan
Fast, Proven ROI
- With a 6-12 month average return on investment, PhytoMAX-2 800 LED grow lights deliver 30% higher yield with 20% less electricity than a 1000W HPS
Contains no Highly Toxic Mercury
- Unlike all HID (HPS, MH, CMH / LEC) and fluorescent / induction bulbs
- No hazardous waste disposal fees
- Metal adjustable ratcheting 8-foot light hangers
- Industry-Leading 5 Year Warranty
Once you grow with PhytoMAX-2 commercial grow lights, you'll understand why people say HID is a thing of the past!
- Max. Flowering Footprint: 6' x 6'
- Max. Vegetative Footprint: 7.5' x 7.5'
- Shipping Size: 28" x 28" x 12"
- Product Dimensions: 21" x 21" x 7"
- Shipping Weight (lb.): 53.0000
- Weight: 50lb (22.7kg)
- True Wattage: 840w
- LED Wattage: 1680w
- Certifications: ETL, CE, FCC, RoHS
- Mean Time Between Failure: > 50,000 hours
- Number of LEDs: 336
- Amp Draw: 7A~3.5A (@ 120/240v)
- Cord Length: 8 feet
- Voltage: AC 100V~250V
- Work Frequency: 50~60 Hz
- Power Factor: > 0.98
- Operation Temperature Range: -4~104 °F
- BTU: 2864
- Fans Expected Life: 70,000 hours
In the box you'll find:
- 1 new PhytoMAX-2 LED growlight!
- An 8-foot, 14 gauge 120V North American outlet (NEMA 5-15) power cord
- We carry other lengths of both 120V and 240V cords for purchase here.
- If you need a power cord for another country, click here.
- 1 pair commercial LED hanger clips
- 1 pair Heavy Duty Ratcheting Light Hangers
- Included with the light
Please save the protective foam and box your light came in!
- Be careful while hanging your PhytoMAX-2 LED plant growing lights; they're heavy, do not attempt to hang the lights alone!
- NEVER look directly at the LEDs while they are on; eye damage may result. They're very bright!
- Don't over-load your electrical circuits- two PhytoMAX-2 800's / PhytoMAX-2 1000's won't fit on a standard 15-amp, 110V household circuit!
- For more information and advice, consult your electrician and see our guide to the safe number of LED grow lights per circuit here.
- We recommend protective eyewear when viewing or working with plants under our lights. PhytoMAX-2 contains UV LEDs, which just like natural sunlight can irritate and damage your eyes. Any UV-blocking eyewear such as sunglasses will work!
Hanging your Light
- We recommend tying a stopper knot at the lose end of the rope to prevent over-extension of each of the ratcheting rope hangers.
- Ratchet rope with knot
- DO NOT attempt to hang a PhytoMAX-2 light alone- at least two people are recommended!
- Ensure that the structure you'll be hanging the light from can support its weight plus some extra for cords, etc.
- PhytoMAX-2 1000 53 lb
- PhytoMAX-2 800 50 lb
- PhytoMAX-2 600 34 lb
- PhytoMAX-2 400 24 lb
- PhytoMAX-2 200 14 lb
- Insert a metal hanger clip into the hanging bracket either side of the back of the light. Ensure that both ends of each clip are secure.
- Clip one end of each of the ratcheting rope hangers to the hanging/anchor point on the ceiling, and the other end to the metal hanger clips attached to the light. The ropes should be hanging straight, not pulling the hanging brackets toward or away from the center of the light.
Correct hanging vs. Incorrect hanging
- Adjust the ratchet to hang the light at the recommended height.
- Ensure there is always a minimum of 6 inches / 15 cm of clearance on both sides of the light that have vents. Failure to provide adequate clearance can cause the light to overheat. The sides without vents and the top of the light do not require any clearance.
Minimum fan clearance
The footprint recommendations given here are created for photoperiod-sensitive Cannabis or other high-light plants in a square growing area. If your situation is any different (larger, smaller, different crop, etc.) you may need a different footprint size and hanging height.
For all complete guide, please contact us here.
Vegetative vs. Flower
The Phyto-Genesis Spectrum® in each PhytoMAX-2 light is ideal for both vegetative and flowering growth; only the largest recommended footprint size differs between stages, due to the different daily periods of illumination. You can use the flowering footprint sizes for vegetative growth, although you may need to increase fertilizer and CO2 to make full use of the extra light.
Cleaning and Maintenance
If your light requires cleaning:
- Turn off the light and disconnect the power cord.
- Spray water or a mild glass cleaner onto a soft lint-free towel (NOT onto the LEDs on the bottom of the light!)
- Gently blot the LEDs with the moist towel until clean. DO NOT RUB THE LEDs!
- Allow to air-dry, then plug your light back in and turn it on.
- NEVER spray any liquids directly on or around the LEDs!
Common to All PhytoMAX-2 Lights:
- Acceptable voltage range 100 - 250 volts AC
- AC frequency range 50 - 60 Hz
- Operational temperature range -4 to 104 °F
- Spectrum Phyto-Genesis Spectrum® covering 365-750nm, including UV and IR
- Warranty 5 Years
- Certifications ETL, CE, FCC, RoHS
- M.T.B.F > 50,000 hours
- Power Factor > 0.98
- Fans 70,000 hour expected life
- Made in Colorado, USA
Transitioning Plants From Other Lights
When switching plants grown under other lights to PhytoMAX-2's Phyto-Genesis Spectrum®, some shock and/or stalling can occur, as with moving plants between any other different lighting situations. Our LED grow lights are very intense and contain UV light (unlike many grow lights), either of which can shock plants not used to such lighting.
To adapt plants to our lights with as little shock as possible, hang the light at twice the recommended hanging height to start. Each day for about a week you can lower the light by 3-4 inches until it is at the recommended hanging height and your plants have adapted.
When starting seeds under our lights it is fine to use the normal footprint and hanging height; when seeds germinate they adjust to the lighting conditions they first experience. Raising the hanging height of the light higher than normal during germination can lead to leggy, weak seedlings.
Black Dog LED offers a 5 year warranty on all PHYTOMAX products.